Thursday, September 23, 2010

Could I return these . . . ?

Randy once told me, "Your mom could return underwear with skidmarks," in reference to her ability to harangue store clerks into returning virtually anything. I think she does it partly because she's thrifty, but even more for the thrill of the challenge.

I wouldn't have necessarily expected this distinct talent in Carolyn as she is not by nature, a "spicy" woman like my mom, but Carolyn has proved to be quite the negotiator when it comes to returning odd items as well. To name a few things in recent history: salsa we did not like after tasting it, a huge flash light that broke after almost a year, and ground beef that she froze which ended up being rotten when she got it out a month later. Finally, today she got her money back for sub par nectarines that she bought last week. She pulls these deals with and without receipts . . . what a woman.

-AS

No comments:

Post a Comment