Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dad's Turn



I should preface this story with Alex's new achievement this week of climbing up on chairs. This story will tell one of the results of his new found freedom.

This morning Alex woke up bright and early disregarding the fact that it was Sunday and his parents wanted to sleep in a little. I almost always get up with Alex when he gets up in the morning but this morning I decided to have Adam get up with him so I could sleep a little longer. The next thing I knew I jerked awake to Alex screaming at the top of his lungs. I glanced at the clock and saw that Alex had been up for almost two hours and thought "Adam is probably about ready to break Alex's neck, I better go relieve him".

I went out to the living room to see what all the ruckus was about. Adam's eyes were wide and guilty. He said to me "two bad things happened, I did one of them and Alex did the other". He went on to explain that he had been laying on the couch just trying to entertain Alex and stay awake. The next thing he knew he awoke to the sound of the printer being turned on. He sat up and looked over to our desk where Alex was perched on all fours on the edge of the desk. The computer mouse was upturned, the web cam was tipped over, and the printer light was blinking. He called Alex's name loudly and Alex whipped around looking like a deer caught in the head lights. This is where I came in, with Alex bawling because Adam made him get down and had scolded him.


-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment