Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mouse!

I am extremely scared of mice. It is quite ridiculous since I grew up on a farm and I saw them on a regular basis in our barn or garage. Even when I have tried to face my fear I have not been able to. I caught a mouse down in Paige's basement last summer on a sticky trap. It was stuck there completely helpless and I still had to go get Paige to come dispose of it. I also think I have had more one on one experiences with mice than most people.

This week when I was babysitting the Bullocks, Alex found a mouse! It was just a battery operated toy so I was able to keep myself in check but it still made me a little squeamish. I had turned it on and put it on the ground and it started scooting across the floor. At first Alex just stared at it, but as it headed for him he got a frightened look on his face and quickly backed away but could not take his eyes from it. Once it finally stopped and was turned off Alex was willing to pick it up and investigate it more closely. But when it was moving around he was not interested in the least. Hopefully he won't grow up scared of mice like me.



-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment