Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dad?



In December Adam's last day of work was the 23rd. Then he took the rest of the month off for the holidays. Alex and I really enjoyed having him home. He returned to work yesterday. Today when Alex got up from his nap I put him in his high chair for a snack as usual. When he was done I washed his hands and put him on the floor. The minute his feet hit the ground he went running to Adam and my bedroom. He was looking up at the bed, whining, and touching his cheek with his index finger (which is how Alex says dad and mom in sign language). I realized what was going on and had to explain to him as he looked at me with wide eyes and continued poking his cheek that dad was at work and wouldn't be home until night time. Alex got used to eating breakfast and then going into the bedroom to see Adam during Christmas. We miss having him here at our beck and call.

No comments:

Post a Comment