Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Finding Nemo

Alex got "Finding Nemo" as a Christmas present but until about a month ago he has not really been interested in watching much TV. He now will watch little snippets here and there in between playing. Last week I thought I would give "Finding Nemo" a try and see if Alex would be interested in watching it. HUGE mistake. I about lost my sanity. For those who are not familiar with the movie it starts right off the bat with a large family of fish all being eaten by a shark except for the daddy and one baby, Nemo. Alex came running to the bathroom saying "Mama" over and over again in a worried, winey voice. He was not calling for me, he was asking where the mama fish was. He would not stop repeating it again and again even after I told him that "she is just gone now".

One of the other parts he got worked up about is when Nemo gets stuck in a water filter. Click here to see Alex's background with things getting stuck. He was completely beside him self saying "guck" over and over in the same worried, winey voice. There were plenty of other parts that got him all ruffled up but when Nemo got stuck in the water filter I finally turned it off before I went crazy. I had just endured atleast a 1/2 hour of Alex whining non stop about "mama," "guck," and various other things in the movie.

Now whenever the word fish is mentioned Alex scrunches up his face as he always does when someone is stuck and says "Guck, guck, guck." He doesn't stop until you look at him, scrunch your face, and nod in approval, "Yeah, he's stuck alright . . ."

I think for now we will be sticking to "Baby Signing Time".

1 comment: