Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The "Rez"

There is a large reservoir by our place that has a smaller quarantined area that the town of Arlington fills up with reservoir water every year during the summer for the residents of Arlington to swim in. There is sand and it gradually gets deeper. Alex and I went yesterday and got summer passes. It is like a beach so I always refer to it as the beach when I am talking to Alex. But everyone around here calls it the "rez".



Alex was very excited to get some new flip flops today to wear on our adventures to the rez. When we got in the car after buying them Alex wanted to hold the flip flops. But that wasn't enough, during our 10 minute drive home Alex whined until I took the tag and string that attached the two sandals together off and by the time we arrived home Alex had taken both of his shoes and one sock off and was trying to get one of the flip flops on. The minute we walked in the door, he wanted the flip flops on even though it was well past lunch time. He jumped off my lap after I put them on him, he looked at his feet, and with a huge smile on his face he started running back and forth between the dishwasher and the desk in the living room (only about 15 feet). He ate his lunch in them and then I made him take them off for nap time otherwise I am sure he would have slept in them!

1 comment: