Friday, March 30, 2012

Naptime Antics

I have had a couple episodes with Alex since he was transferred to the big bed and since his passeys have been taken away. 

A couple weeks ago after Alex had been down stairs supposedly napping for about 30 minutes I thought I heard something.  I quietly went down stairs and outside the bedroom door I heard in a very distressed voice, “Mommy, help me.”  I went in and found him standing on the bed with his shirt off and his pants unbuttoned and he was trying to unzip his pants to take them off.  The box fan that was in his room was on full blast.  The sight was so funny I had to bite back my laughter.  I knew I still had to get after him for his behavior so this wouldn't continue. 

Then we had another one a couple days later.  I went downstairs to listen for Alex talking after about 15 minutes of him being down there for a nap.  I didn’t hear anything so I went back upstairs.  About an hour later I thought I heard something and I went in the bedroom to find Alex wide awake, sitting up in bed, and driving a small pickup over his blankets while making engine noises.  There was a chair pushed up to the dresser, which I am sure he stood on to get the truck.  I took the truck away and told him it was time to go to bed.  About another hour later he came upstairs and I could clearly tell he had not slept at all.  I made him lay down on Anna’s bed.  He came out to the kitchen about 10 minutes later and said in a very chipper voice, “morning, slept 2 hours.” 

The crib and passey made him focus on sleep.  I have only had a couple other days I had to go in and tell him so stop talking and go to sleep and it has only happened during nap times.  Since then he has been fine, so hopefully the adjustment is over.

1 comment: