Friday, April 6, 2012

Egg Hunt

Yesterday we colored hard boiled eggs in preparation for an egg hunt. 


 Alex had so much fun and even made a special one for Adam aka "Gaggy."


When we got up this morning my parents tried to say they saw bunny tracks outside in the fresh snow and Alex went running over to the window and exclaimed, "No, dog tracks!" Then my mom told him she thought they were bunny tracks so then he went running back to the window and started screaming, "Bunny tracks" over and over again while wiggling his nose and mouth like a bunny.
My parents hid hard boiled eggs and plastic eggs all over the upstairs and this morning all the kids looked for them. Alex was so excited. Every time he found any kind of egg he would go running to Greg and Jacob screaming, "I found one, I found one." Then Anna and I would coax him back to the room he left to continue looking. Alex found the egg with $5.00 and he popped it open and yelled, "Cash!" He also found a few others with single dollar bills. Jacob was pretty sore about it. He asked me how much Alex got after the egg hunt, I told him and Jacob said, "I got jipped." It is hard to be replaced as the young one of the family. Alex found $9.75, and I think Jacob only had $2.00. It was pretty funny.

We ended the egg hunt by peeling the hard boiled eggs and making an egg sauce to have over toast.  Alex loves peeling eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment