Monday, May 7, 2012

Feeding Grandpa

This morning Alex insisted on helping my dad get his breakfast.  My mom had made eggs.  Alex scooped one up on the spatula and in a very professional manner flipped it onto my dad's plate like he was flipping pancakes.  Next he wanted to put the ketchup on my dad's plate.  Then he cut a bite of egg with a fork, dipped it into the ketchup, and fed it to my dad.  It was hilarious.  I then had to tell him that Grandpa had to finish on his own so that he would let my dad be.  Before Alex got down off the chair he turned to my dad and said, "Need a hug" and leaned into my dad and gave him a big hug. 

Paige took these pictures a few weeks ago of my dad and Alex.  Ales loves to be around my dad.  Every morning he asks my dad, "where you going?"  My dad will say "To work" and Alex asks, "Shop, come too?"  Alex also has a song he likes to sing when he first sees my dad in the morning and when my dad gets home from work.  He sings "coo, coo, coo, coo, coo" using different notes and just repeating the same word. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's nice to see your blog. We miss you guys. We are about to head out ourselves, yet we still haven't pinned down a location- even though we have to move out then end of this month! Yikes. Congratulations on baby #2! Looks like you guys are having a good time in Idaho. I have to admit, it looks pretty nice! I would love to be near some mountains and horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos really make me miss the West ... and YOU! I heard Adam was in town -- next time you should all come!

    ReplyDelete